UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020 for IAS / IPS/ IFS and Indian Forest Services, Notification is out and the interested candidates can apply online from 12 Feb. to 30 March 2020. The Common Preliminary Examination for both types of posts will be held on 31 May 2020. EXAMINATION NOTICE NO. 05/2020-CSP
This post is to provide all updates like Notification, Apply Online, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Previous Papers, Syllabus, etc. for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020.
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Apply Online Starts||12/02/2020|
|Last Date to Apply||03/03/2020; 6:00 PM|
|Prelims Exam date||31/05/2020|
Offline in SBI by Cash or Net Banking
Vacancies and Eligibility
UPSC Civil Services and UPSC Forest Service Vacancies:-
|Civil Services||Forest Service|
|Total- 796||Total- 90|
UPSC Civil Services and UPSC Forest Service Eligibility:-
(For Civil Services)
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
(For Forest Services)
|Bachelor Degree as one of Subject Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology, Agriculture or Equivalent|
How to Apply For UPSC Civil Services
How to Apply For UPSC Civil Services 2020:-
Important Instructions to fill Online Application Form
1. Online submission of application can only be made at the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
2. The filling of the online application consists of two parts.
3. In Part I registration, a candidate will have to fill basic personal information.
4. Candidate must press the “Click Here to Proceed” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed in Part-I.
5. When the “Click Here to Proceed” button is pressed, a page with Application No. will be generated. Please note down the Application number or take a print out of the page. Application No. will be required to proceed with the Part-II of the application. The application is incomplete without payment (if applicable), uploading of scanned photograph & signature, uploading of ID proof certificate and Selection of Centre.
6. Part-II application form consists of the following Stages.
i. Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates)
ii. Uploading of Photograph and Signature
iii. (a)Selection of examination center
(b) Uploading of ID proof certificate
7. After filling Photo ID number in Part –I registration, the candidate must upload a scanned ID proof certificate in the Part –II part of Online Application form.
8. There is no need to upload any certificate except for a scanned ID proof certificate.
9. When all the modules (Payment details, Photo, and Signature, Center selection) are finalized, Click “Final submit” to complete the online application process. Candidates are advised to kindly note down the Application number and take a print out of their final submitted online application form.
10. On the successful completion of your complete application, an autogenerated email will be sent on your registered email-id. In case the email is not received by you please check/ensure that submission of Part-II
of the Application has been made by you.
11. A scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of the file must be less than 300 kb and greater than 20 kb and resolution 1000 pixel height by 1000 pixel width.
12. A scanned signature should be in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 300 kb and greater than 20 kb and resolution 350-pixel height by 350 Pixel.
13. Candidates can pay the application fee online through credit card/debit card or through SBI net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan.
14. To pay the fee in cash, the candidate should take a printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. The candidate may go to the nearest SBI branch for depositing fee.
15. Those who want to pay online through the SBI portal can go directly during the submission of online forms.
16. Female, PH (More than 40% disability), SC, ST candidates are exempted from payment of the fee.
17. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and detailed advertisement carefully before filling up the application form.
18. Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which is applicable to PH candidates and is required to pay the fee if not exempted under the rules.
UPSC Civil Services and Forest Service Selection Process:-
The UPSC Civil Services and Forest Service 2020 selection process involves the following stages:
- Preliminary Written Examination (Objective)
- Mains Written Examination (Subjective)
Scheme of Preliminary Written Test:-
- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions) and each will be of two hours duration.
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
Scheme of UPSC Civil Services Main Exam:-
The written examination will consist of the following papers:—
(One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the
Eighth Schedule to the Constitution). 300 Marks
English 300 Marks
Papers to be counted for merit:-
Essay 250 Marks
General Studies-I 250 Marks
(Indian Heritage and Culture, History and
Geography of the World and Society)
General Studies -II 250 Marks
(Governance, Constitution, Polity,
Social Justice and International relations)
General Studies -III 250 Marks
(Technology, Economic Development,
Bio-diversity, Environment, Security
and Disaster Management)
General Studies -IV 250 Marks
(Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)
Optional Subject – Paper 1 250 Marks
Optional Subject – Paper 2 250 Marks
Sub Total (Written test) 1750 Marks
Personality Test/ Interview:- 275 Marks
Grand Total 2025 Marks
Scheme of UPSC Forest Service Main Exam:-
The written examination consisting of the following papers:—
Paper I—General English 300 Marks
Paper-II—General Knowledge 300 Marks
Papers III, IV, V, and VI.—Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects.
Each subject will have two papers.— 200 marks for each paper.
Interview for Personality Test — Maximum Marks: 300
Grand Total:- 1700 Marks
- Check the Official Notification for the detailed UPSC Syllabus for Civil Services.
- Check the Official Notification for the detailed UPSC Syllabus for Forest Services.
Department Details for UPSC Civil Services
(i) Indian Administrative Service.
(ii) Indian Foreign Service.
(iii) Indian Police Service.
(iv) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(viii) Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
(xv) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
(xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
(xvii) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
(xviii) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
(xix) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
(xx) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
(xxi) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli
Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxii) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiv) Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
|Download All papers Conducted by UPSC||Click Here|