SSC Stenographer 2019 Grade C and D Examination Apply Online. The Staff Selection Commission will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Stenographer Grade „C‟ (Group „B‟, NonGazetted) and Stenographer Grade „D‟ (Group „C‟) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. Only those candidates who have the required skills in stenography are eligible to apply. In this post, you can find the SSC Stenographer Previous Papers, Admit Card, Result, etc.
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Apply Online Starts||20/09/2019|
|Last Date to Apply||18/10/2019|
|CBT Exam Date||5-7 May 2020|
- Vacancies will be determined in due course. The updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in >Candidate‟s Corner > Tentative Vacancy).
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade „C‟ and Stenographers Grade „D‟ are in Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of Central Government, including their Attached and Subordinate offices located in various States and Union Territories all over the country.
Eligibility for SSC Stenographer
The eligibility requirements regarding age and educational qualification for SSC Stenographer 2019 Grade C and D are given below.
- Stenographer Grade „C‟: 18 to 30 years as on 01.01.2020
- Stenographer Grade „D‟: 18 to 27 years as on 01.01.2020
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
Exam Pattern of SSC Stenographer
The Exam pattern for SSC Stenographer 2019 Grade C and D is given as under in the table.
- The question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Skill Test for SSC Stenographer 2019:-
- The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination for the next stage will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography.
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade „C‟ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade „D‟.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Steno Grade D||English||50 Mins|
|Steno Grade D||Hindi||65 Mins|
|Steno Grade C||English||40 Mins|
|Steno Grade C||Hindi||55 Mins|
Indicative Syllabus for SSC Stenographer 2019 Grade C and D Computer Based Mode Examination:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‟s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions.
- General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability opting for scribe there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning/ General Awareness Paper.
- English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
SSC Stenographer Previous Papers
SSC Stenographer Previous Papers are given here. You can download the PDF file from the links here. SSC Stenographer Previous Papers:-
|SSC Steno 2018 All Shift English||Click Here|
|SSC Steno 2018 All Shift Hindi||Click Here|
Job Profile of SSC Stenographer
The Job role of Stenographer is slightly different for Grade C and Grade D. While the Grade C stenographers work for different ministries under the Central government, the grade D has different zones. The Group X of Grade D Stenographers shall have to work in Delhi under central govt. And the Group Y stenographers work for central govt all over the country.
There are a number of duties, that are performed by the Grade D officers. The job roles for Grade D stenographers is given below:
- Speech Writing
- Brief About Press Conference
- Assisting/Helping the Minister or Officer
- Helping in Public Relations
Top jobs attained by people qualifying SSC Stenographer Exam
SSC Grade C Stenographers can be offered jobs in ministries/departments like:
- Indian Foreign Service (B)
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Election Commission of India
- President’s Secretariat
- Headquarters of Armed Forces
Similarly, SSC Grade D Stenographers can achieve jobs in departments like:
- Indian Foreign Service (B) grade III
- Ministry of Parliamentary affairs
- Directorate of Forensic Science
- Railway Board Secretariat
- Central Secretariat Stenographers.
- Apart from these, Grade D stenographers can also work in the lower profiles of Grade C departments mentioned above.
SSC Stenographer Salary :
The revised salary after 7th pay commission for grade C and grade D stenographers is given below:
Grade C Salary:
The in-hand salary of Stenographer Grade C officer is approximately Rs. 14, 500
- Pay Scale – Rs. 9300-34800
- Grade Pay – Rs 4200/-
- Initial Pay – Rs 5200
Grade D Salary:
The Stenographer Grade D officer in-hand salary is approximately Rs. 7600
- Pay Scale – Rs 5200-20200
- Grade Pay – Rs 2400/-
- Initial Pay – Rs 5200
Apart from the salary, they also get allowances – Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance, House Rent Allowance & Medical Benefits.
SSC Stenographer Work Timings :
The work timing for SSC Stenographers follows a fixed schedule. Being a Stenographer you can enjoy a typical morning to evening job life. A stenographer works within fixed timings and there is no pressure of working in shifts. You can enjoy a stable government job life with this job role.
SSC Stenographer Career Growth :
The job role of a stenographer belongs to a special category. A stenographer can get timely promotions by attending departmental examinations and hence obtain promotions to higher cadres of Stenographers, within a certain ministry.